I've been tagged to share 6 quirks with my loyal blog readers.
1. I always have to get the closest parking space wherever we go. Dave just laughs at me because he'll start to park in one place and then I'm like, "Oh wait! I see one closer over there!" I've gotten better though because if I can't find one I just think to myself how it's better if I park further away because I'll burn a few more calories.
2. I HAVE to sleep with just my feet sticking out of the covers. It keeps me from getting too hot or too cold. If they are under the blanket I feel clastraphobic and get hot. Right when I stick them out I'm perfect!
3. Ever since I got married and pay the bills now, I've become obsessed with not wasting power and making sure all the lights are out if we aren't in a room. Dave constantly is leaving lights on and I always joke and say to him he needs to "Go Green", only because everyone seems to be saying that statement these days. It's not that though, I feel like we are throwing our money away by leaving lights on. It probably doesn't do much to my bill, but for some reason in my head it seems like it will. When I lived at home I never cared about that since I didn't pay the bills and never had to think about it. The same goes for water. I can't stand wasting water, especially in AZ. It drives me crazy when people turn the shower on and then don't get in it for 5-10 minutes. I know it doesn't take that long for it to heat up!
4. Going along with not wasting power and water, I am big on not wasting food. Our fridge will be practically empty and Dave says we have nothing to eat, but he only says that because it looks empty - trust me, he always has something to eat every meal. He's not the one who cooks so he doens't know what we have left. I still have plenty of meals I could make with the food we have. I hate throwing food away that I've payed for when it could easily be used if I just planned right. So everytime I go to the store I plan out all my meals for about 2 weeks and make a list of just the items for those meals or whatever else we need. Then I don't go to the store again until I've used everything I possibly can (of course there are little things I still run to get), probably rooting from the fact that I hate making my shopping list and going to the store all the time. We always eat leftover and never throw leftovers away. Thank goodness Dave likes them!
5. I absolutely LOVE to take naps and when I take a nap I only like to take it in my bed. Why take it on the couch when you can go in a super comfy bed? Dave never takes one in our bed because he says he sleeps too long. For me it doesn't matter because I wake up when Bella wakes up and I get the best nap in a nice bed!
6. This one is from Dave - he says when I work out I don't really work out. He says if I don't sweat it's not really a workout. My defense is that I don't sweat that much. :) These days I do an hour long workout on TV on the channel FitTV. It's great and it is just like the pump class I used to go to at Gold's Gym. With it being on TV though, it has commercials so while it is on a commercial, I of course sit down. Dave will walk in and say, "I thought you were working out." I say, "I am I'm just taking a little break", ha. Oh well I feel ok about myself and it is a good enough workout for me right now. Maybe after the 2nd kid I'll get more serious...maybe. I might have to.
I tag Erin, Dani, Becca, Lora, Shantell, Ashleigh
Rules:
1.Link to the person who tagged you
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you
4.Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
5 comments:
Okay tagger, I can't believe how many quirks I actually have until I sit down and write about them. Wow.
This was a fun tag! It's fun to see other people do some of the quirky things I do. I hear you on the nap thing. . .I LOVE em!
haha, i love how much you conserve power and electricity! Ok, this is my first tag, so hopefully I can do this right. Can't get over how big Bella is getting, she is so cute. We need to see you guys again soon!!
So did you buy a step? I've beeen frustrated with FIT TV cause I Don't have a step. Tell me which of the workout teachers you like the best!
That is so funny! Since we have been living in my dads house here in St. George, I have been a NAZI about air conditioning and power. I was surprised that our electric bill is only around 58 dollars a month!! Yahoo!! I turn off all the lights and hate wasting food too!!! I'm not very good cooking for 2 yet and we aren't very good at left overs!!! Its not good!!!! Sounds like things are going well :)
Post a Comment