Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Last Weekend

Starting last Thursday all of Dave's brothers and sisters came to town for the Ragnar Relay. If you don't know what that is, you have a 12 man team and run from about Prescott to Tempe non stop. It's a little over 200 miles total and each person runs 3 legs on not much sleep and they run through the night. It's pretty much insane and I don't see myself ever taking part. That much running is just crazy! Sorry guys ;) I am however very proud of Dave and his family for doing it. It's not something you could just hop off the couch and do.
The sad part is someone actually got hit by a car and died (not Dave's family) and they had to cancel part of the race when it happened. I guess a guy, who was not even running, ran across the road to give a runner some water, then turned back to cross the road again w/o looking and got hit. SO sad!
Anyway, it was a great weekend to be able to see everyone even though it was super fast. We went out to dinner to celebrate Dave's Dad's 70th birthday the night they finished the race and it was a lot of fun. They all reminisced about the past and things they remember about their Dad. It was fun to hear all the stories and see just how much they all love their parents. Families are so wonderful and I love mine so much and have been VERY blessed to have married into a great family as well.
Then Sunday morning we woke up really early and headed down to Tucson since Doug and Mieke were blessing Caia at Dave's parents ward. It was a quick tiring but really fun weekend.
Here are a few pics...


Dave's bro Scott and Gaines

A quick shot after everyone ran their first leg. Everyone still looking good!

Feeling the burn on his first run

Dave finishing his first run (5.5 miles) and passing the slap bracelet to Ben - yes you read that right, slap bracelet. Wow does that bring back elementary school memories haha

Trying to get some rest on the side of the road. I don't think they were able to sleep though.

Dave just finished his second leg (7.5 Miles) and everyone starting to look real tired. Scott feeling good and throwing the "Ragnar" sign

On to his last leg (3.4 Miles)

And finally the FINISH LINE at the Tempe Marketplace. Too bad I didn't get to see them come through since Bella was deathly afraid of that big orange blow up thing they run under as seen in the picture above...and the cheering...and the loud speakers...and pretty much the entire place. So we had to talk a long walk around the place to somewhere quiet. I hope she over comes her fear of loud noise and balloons sometime soon!

Then Kaia's blessing day. Don't worry, although you may think I am nursing Gaines, he was just sleeping

Gaines and his newest cousin Kaia. They are exactly 2 months apart


I wish Bella didn't throw her legs up in the air last minute. Look what a difference 2 months makes in length b/w Gaines and Kaia!

His beautiful cousins Bailey and Megan

By the time Kaia got her bow on, Gaines had enough of smiling. Two cute cousins though even w/o smiles!

And just a cute one of Gaines. I can't believe how fast this boy is growing and cannot believe I have already pulled out this toy!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Gaines is so flippin cute! I can't wait to hang out with that baby! Maybe he will rub off on Kelsie who is again being a fussy butt that started yesterday! Ughh. Go Dave for doing the relay race. It gets me all pumped for mine except for the whole not sleeping thing. I could be in trouble there.

Amy said...

I love the pictures that show the size difference in kids, especially when they are close...and when they are not. I have some of Belle, Hollan and Tessa when Tess is tiny. THey are so fun to look at.

Criscell said...

I didn't know Dave was such a runner! Wow--way to go!