Gaines had quite the week for his birthday! His cousins Carter and Avery came into town on Tuesday to visit so I decided to do a birthday cake and some presents that night so they could celebrate with him.
Since he is into trucks and cars I did a dump truck birthday cake. I just made Texas sheetcake and crumbled it all up and threw it in the truck, dumped some frosting on and some cookie crumbles for the "dirt" effect. Easiest cake I think anyone could do; all of my kids just might be getting this for their cake. It's too bad Bella is DEAD set on a Dora birthday cake. She has also already picked out all the presents she wants and her birthday is still 2 months away. That girl knows what she wants! Tangent ended. Back to the party..

Here is the cake with the lovely decorations that came with buying the dump truck. Carter strategically placed each one. We go all out for parties let me tell you, if you didn't get the invite it must have gotten lost in the mail.

He wanted to touch the candle so we had to quickly blow it out. Initially he wanted nothing to do with the cake and just wanted to play with the truck. 10 minutes after playing Carter was able to get him to take a bite and he then devoured his whole piece.


He also wanted to share with Carter and would feed pieces to him. They are the only boys on the Nelson grandkid side so they were able to bond that night.

Next the presents. I'm sure you could guess, he got all cars at this party and there wasn't one tear shed about that.

He likes to drive the cars on his stomach
PARTY #2
His real birthday was Saturday and the Stake celebrated by having a huge BBQ at the ball park for him. It was quite the party with jumping castles, snow cones (yes it was still warm enough for those!), cotton candy, face painting, fishing for prizes, delicious pit BBQ, homemade rootbeer, musical chairs, an area to learn about food storage, etc. They really went all out and we really appreciated all the hard work put in there.
I forgot to take pictures. I'm just as shocked as you are about that.
PARTY #3
The next party took place at Grandma and Grandpa Gooch's house with the Bushman Family and my mom and brother. We BBQd burgers and salmon burgers, had pesto salad, punch, sweet potato fries, fruit, and more birthday cake.

He didn't eat as much cake this time around and wasn't liking having sticky fingers. Maybe if his mom would have made the frosting right and not left her brain at home, he would have liked it like the first party. Oh well, we still enjoyed it.

A little tuckered out from all the parties, but loving all his new toys. (If you notice, I had him in the same outfit as his first party so 20 years down the road it will look like the party was all in the same day, haha.)He got a lot of new fun books, and cars and trucks, and a basketball and football. His favorite toy of the night goes to the basketball, thata boy!

Phew, what a week! I think Bella was a little confused this week b/c on Tuesday she thought it was his birthday when her cousins were here, then Saturday I told her it was his real birthday so she told him happy birthday again, even though we didn't have cake or open presents, then today we celebrated it again and she kept telling him happy birthday. She's going to think she gets 3 birthday parties :)
Since he is into trucks and cars I did a dump truck birthday cake. I just made Texas sheetcake and crumbled it all up and threw it in the truck, dumped some frosting on and some cookie crumbles for the "dirt" effect. Easiest cake I think anyone could do; all of my kids just might be getting this for their cake. It's too bad Bella is DEAD set on a Dora birthday cake. She has also already picked out all the presents she wants and her birthday is still 2 months away. That girl knows what she wants! Tangent ended. Back to the party..
Here is the cake with the lovely decorations that came with buying the dump truck. Carter strategically placed each one. We go all out for parties let me tell you, if you didn't get the invite it must have gotten lost in the mail.
He wanted to touch the candle so we had to quickly blow it out. Initially he wanted nothing to do with the cake and just wanted to play with the truck. 10 minutes after playing Carter was able to get him to take a bite and he then devoured his whole piece.
He also wanted to share with Carter and would feed pieces to him. They are the only boys on the Nelson grandkid side so they were able to bond that night.
Next the presents. I'm sure you could guess, he got all cars at this party and there wasn't one tear shed about that.
He likes to drive the cars on his stomach
PARTY #2
His real birthday was Saturday and the Stake celebrated by having a huge BBQ at the ball park for him. It was quite the party with jumping castles, snow cones (yes it was still warm enough for those!), cotton candy, face painting, fishing for prizes, delicious pit BBQ, homemade rootbeer, musical chairs, an area to learn about food storage, etc. They really went all out and we really appreciated all the hard work put in there.
I forgot to take pictures. I'm just as shocked as you are about that.
PARTY #3
The next party took place at Grandma and Grandpa Gooch's house with the Bushman Family and my mom and brother. We BBQd burgers and salmon burgers, had pesto salad, punch, sweet potato fries, fruit, and more birthday cake.
He didn't eat as much cake this time around and wasn't liking having sticky fingers. Maybe if his mom would have made the frosting right and not left her brain at home, he would have liked it like the first party. Oh well, we still enjoyed it.
A little tuckered out from all the parties, but loving all his new toys. (If you notice, I had him in the same outfit as his first party so 20 years down the road it will look like the party was all in the same day, haha.)He got a lot of new fun books, and cars and trucks, and a basketball and football. His favorite toy of the night goes to the basketball, thata boy!
Phew, what a week! I think Bella was a little confused this week b/c on Tuesday she thought it was his birthday when her cousins were here, then Saturday I told her it was his real birthday so she told him happy birthday again, even though we didn't have cake or open presents, then today we celebrated it again and she kept telling him happy birthday. She's going to think she gets 3 birthday parties :)
4 comments:
Good post...love the sarcastic comments!
What a fun and crazy birthday! Sounds like my upcoming birthday week! haha. Happy Birthday Gaines! October babies are the coolest!
uh look out this Christmas with the trucks, and cars fights from all the boys cousins. Can't believe it's been a year already!
I can't believe Gaines is one! Time really has flown!! I remember meeting at the park in January with new babies. I was just thinking the other day how much I missed you guys!
Post a Comment