Saturday, May 12, 2012

6 Months!

Where has the time gone?! Tinley is now 6 months old! It flys by faster with each child. We love this little girl more than anything! She is seriously the best baby anyone could ask for. She is always so happy and just goes with the flow of what we are doing...unless it's 8 o'clock Saturday night at the end of our date night. She hates Saturday night when we keep her up. But she lives and we get our date :)

Gaines and Bella love her! Love her. Bella has been the best example to Gaines and showing so much love to her that he does the same which is great. I thought for sure he'd be rough with her...maybe that's to come. He loves her, because Bella does. He talks to her and tells her about what he's been doing after she gets up from a nap because Bella does. He kisses and has to hug her before bed, because she does.Tinley also loves Gaines...and maybe a little more than Bella. Maybe not, but she sure lights up when she sees him, and laughs at him without him even trying or him meaning to do anything funny. It is probably because Bella tries a little too hard sometimes and constantly wants to be by her side and is continually helping with her which I LOVE, and Gaines just does his own thing and talks to her every now and then.

The frustrating part sometimes is if I put Tinley down for a nap and forget to tell Bella, and she learned I put her to bed without her getting to say good night, she breaks down just bawling, as if she is never going to see her again. The other day she cried for a solid 10-15 minutes because she didn't get to say goodnight. It was about to drive me crazy! But I have to tell myself "She's doing it because she loves her!" So I try my best not to get mad at her at those times. Although she is probably secretly screaming to wake her back up so she can then say goodnight. Stinker.

The other thing, Tinley can make Gaines laugh, and hard! She had Gaines laughing to the point a few weeks ago where he couldn't breathe! Who would have thought a 5 month old to be so hilarious to my older ones. She had just learned a new word saying "bleh bleh bleh" and Gaines thought it was the most hilarious thing. He then would say it to her and she would repeat which would send him into a laughing fit, which then had Bella laughing. He even said, "She is the funniest baby ever!" It was so cute to see them all interacting. She also tries to escape her bumbo and if he sees her doing that he starts busting up and says, "Tinners! Where are you going?!" Or Gaines thinks its so funny when she goes to grab for his face. I was reading to both of them on my lap and Tinley noticed Gaines ear. It was so funny because she was so determined to get that ear. Gaines was just giggling because it was tickling him.

I finally started her on some baby food. This is the longest I have waited for any of my kids. She has been ready and lunges at any and all of our food. I've only done rice cereal but she loves it. Hopefully this little one will turn out a good eater like her brother, sure makes life easier!

She has been going to bed between 5:30-6pm, sleeps to around 3-4, eats, then back to bed til around 7:30-8.The other night she had her first 12 hour night from 6 to 6, ate, then slept a few more. Did I mention how much I love this girl!?

She brings so much joy in our family, as do all of our kids. I really cannot imagine life without these sweet beings sent to our family. They can drive me absolutely crazy at times, but I also love them beyond words. Being a mother is one of the most wonderful blessings I could possibly ask for and I'm thankful Heavenly Father has trusted us to raise his children and hopefully more in the future.

Cute sisters! I love that Bella loves her so much!
She could not wait to feed her.
 

 She started sitting last month, one of my favorite milestones for a baby!

 Our HAPPY sweet baby girl!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a fun update! It's so good to hear that adding Tinley to the family brings so much joy to everyone.

Sarah and Wes said...

I know! I can't believe Easton is 6 months. So glad that her siblings love here. Loved the story about how Bella cried because she didn't get to say good night.

Dani said...

She is so cute Heather!! So jealous of that gorgeous dark hair. What a sweet babe.