Tuesday, August 21, 2012

FHE

This video I came across when looking at my lesson for next week and it is hilarious! Many people have probably already done this with their kids after that talk was given, but we hadn't.  So we did it for family home evening last night and just hearing what the kids were saying while waiting was much like the kids in the video. They were so funny. Dave and I gave them a chocolate chip and had one box for them with brownies inside, then went upstairs and set the timer. Bella was like, "I wonder what's inside?! Maybe its a pegasus pony for me? Or maybe a car for you Gaines. Or maybe new socks for me! (I had just bought Gaines socks at costco and she was totally bummed she didn't get any - we don't really deprive them of socks). Bella was like, "Hmmm, 5 minutes is so long." Then Gaines, "Yea 5 minutes is so long." Then Bella had to run to the bathroom and we hear her say, "NO GAINES!" Then you hear him say, "I ate it." Although he really didn't, he was just tricking her. I wish I had them on video. It was so funny and a great lesson. They were very patient and passed. Gaines was so excited to see the brownies. Bella wasn't as excited at first because she was thinking it would be a present, but when she saw Gaines excitement she was just as excited too. That was fun to do, especially at their age when they say the funniest things, seriously just like those kids in the video. Give it a whirl if you haven't.

1 comment:

The Bushman Family said...

I'm going have to try this with my older kids. I would have loved to see a video of your kids doing this.