Dave's nephew Matt was going to be playing in a passing league at Notre Dame one weekend so we took a day trip to go see him play. In a nutshell, he is an amazing athlete and I'm sure everyone will know his name soon. Before one of his games we walked around campus. It's such a beautiful campus.
One exciting thing that happened while we were there was Dave decided in between Matt's games to run and get the car and come park it closer to where we were. He was worried he might miss it but I assured him Matt's team was so good there was no way he could lose (it was single elimination at this point.) So I told him to hurry and it would be fine. So off he went. We had parked all the way on the other side of campus. Well, for some reason it was taking him forever! Lo and behold, he ends up missing the game. And not only that, they LOST! Their team was done, and then packed up, got on the bus and off they went. Then 5 minutes later Dave shows up. Oh man I knew he was going to be so mad. And yea, he was! He was like, "Where's Matt??" I told him they already left and yea, he wasn't so happy about that. So we go to our car to go get some dinner and we pack the kids in the car, we both may or may not be in a grumpy mood. :)
We end up meeting up with Matt later so it was fine. Well we drive home that night and it's not until the next day when I go into our trunk and notice our stroller is not in there! I'm like, "Uh Dave where is our stroller??!" I remember having it in South Bend, but cannot for the life of me think the very last spot we used it and how on earth I could possibly leave it somewhere without knowing. He reminds me it was in the parking lot and we obviously left it there. I could not believe it! We just packed the kids in, drove forward since no one was parked in front of us and away we went. Had we backed up we would have hit it but we didn't. Ugh that's my good phil and ted stroller! Since it was Sunday I couldn't call anyone at the school and ask them about it.
So first thing Monday morning I call but they didn't have anything. I call again Tuesday morning and apparently it was the same girl. She was like, "Did you call yesterday?" Hahah, whoops, yes I did, but I just want my stroller back, so sue me :) Later that day I was out with a friend when I get a call and they found it! A policeman brought it in. Yea! However now I have to make a stinkin trip out there to go get it. Oh well, I'm pretty lucky they found it. Happy ending!
1 comment:
I can't believe they found your stroller, that is amazing! I would have been so mad at myself but could totally see me doing the same thing. =)
Post a Comment