Every year I get excited to carve pumpkins with the kids and plan on doing it for family home evening, but then I remember who actually ends up doing all the work and how long the whole process takes and how the kids never hang around, and then I'm not excited anymore. Dave and I have been so ridiculously sick for almost 2 weeks now, so come Monday night we were in no mood for pumpkins. We just wanted our little turkeys in bed so we could sit and not do anything.
So the next day I gutted the pumpkins in the afternoon and got the seeds ready to bake that night, since that really is one of their favorite parts, and we picked easy patterns that took about 5 minutes and bam we were done! Fastest easiest and most fun carving we have had yet with the kids. They even stuck around the entire time! Suc-cess. Dave kept telling them he was carving a scary pumpkin and they loved that and would scream every time they looked at his during the process. It was actually an enjoyable family carving this time.
(Bella has no shirt b/c she got a bloody nose and I washed her shirt and she never replaced it.)
Earlier this week I heard a song that got me all emotional reminding me that this is our last year here! Our last halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas. Makes me so sad. These 3 years have flown by and it's going to be really hard to leave. So we got our last Halloween picture in front of our lovely green Frankenstein door.
1 comment:
Is it really your last year there? I love that I've known someone in that house for the last 6 years! Have a good time enjoying your area and the things that are unique to it for the Holidays.
Post a Comment