Sunday, February 23, 2014

Getting my craft on

 Sometimes I get in a crafty mood. Ok just kidding, let's be serious, that doesn't really happen. So when it does it needs to be recorded for posterity sake. Dave wasn't sure what happened to his wife this month :)

Got my paint on and made my first ever blocks
The other side. I didn't get a chance to get ribbon yet.
 
 Bella's teacher had a baby so I made my first ever diaper cake. Again, so not like me. These pregnancy hormones must be throwing something off in my brain.
Bella loves to sew and always wants me to sew her something. She saw in her American Doll magazine how the dolls outfits match the girl and she liked that they had matching pajamas. So she asked me to sew her bear Sprinkles some pajamas. Uhhh sure...because I'm a serious seamstress like that. Found a tutorial and she picked out some fabric. She loved how it turned out and asked for some to match. So I whipped some up for the girls for Valentines. Thank goodness she thinks my sewing is pretty awesome and doesn't see flaws. Tinley still is pretty darn opinionated on what she wears, so she has yet to wear hers, or any pajamas for that matter. Bella got her to put them on Valentines morning, but they were off immediately following the picture. That girl. I was hoping this stage of having such a strong opinion on wearing only leggings and a few certain shirts with a leotard on top, and "littles" in her hair (braided piggies) would pass, but it doesn't seem to be going away! We cannot go anywhere, even to bed, unless "littles" are in her hair. It gets interesting when I'm not home at bedtime and Dave has to do her hair. Good thing she has a sister that can help out with that :)

No comments: