Friday, May 9, 2014

Easter

 Easter weekend we had Grandma Nelson in town. Since she was leaving Sunday morning we called the Easter bunny and had him come Saturday. We really liked that much better actually because then we could have Saturday to do all the fun stuff, and Sunday to celebrate the real reason and not worry about everything else. Works very nicely too when you have 9am church!
 

 Tinley kept asking to eat a yellow egg. So we would peel her a yellow egg that we had dyed, but then when we'd give it to her she'd burst into tears saying, "I want a yellow egg!"Then we realized she wanted to eat the entire yellow egg shell. She finally just took her peeled egg, threw it in the yellow dye all made, then took it out and then ate it happily. She really wanted to eat a yellow egg and she did just that!
 I guess we only took videos of the hunt, but here is the after loot.
And Easter morning. Dave took the kids to church while I stayed home with little Grant. Oh one thing we did do Easter morning was something a friend told me they do.  She has her kids plant jelly beans and Easter morning they grow into lollipops! I thought that was a fun idea so we did that. I almost got busted though because I woke up and raced down stairs to "plant" the lollipops and I came inside right as Bella was coming down stairs. Luckily she didn't see me. Although, I didn't play attention to the kind of lollipops I planted. Apparently I put lots of mangos and the kids don't like those ones. Whoops. Bella was like, "Oooo it's because I planted yellow jelly beans. Next year I'll have to do more reds and blues." Haha. Yup that's why! :)

No comments: