Monday, August 10, 2015

Mt. Lemmon

 One Sunday afternoon after church we headed up to Mt. Lemmon with Dave's sister's family for our Sunday dinner instead of our norm at home. We did foil dinners, which was my kids first time, and surprisingly my kids loved them. Bella said it was the best dinner ever haha. One thing I love about Tucson is you are 4 1/2 hours away from the beach, and less than an hour away from cooler weather. We even got chilly. I forget how beautiful it is up there. It's a nice little get away.

 I had to laugh that both my girls picked their leopard print tights to wear.




 Gaines brought his his headlamp which I thought would be silly since it was still light out. But the first little rocks we climb up, he gets on his tummy, looks through the cracks and sees a snake! I'll never forget his voice. It got all deep and nervous sounding and and he says to me, "Whaat do I see??? Whaat do I see??!" It was so funny! I then look and I see a little head moving. It was a tiny snake tucked way back in there. That was the most we saw of it. Gaines is so good at finding little critters. My little boy!

 Then there was this kid who had a rough evening full of lots of falls. It was hard for him to stay balanced on the mountain. He fell and hit his head numerous times as you can see in the above picture. Here he was eating his marshmallow and the poor guy fell while eating it. It actually was a good thing because it cushioned his face. When we got back on the road you could see his get excited to regain his balance and off he took running again.

No comments: