Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Time to update

I referred someone to a past blog post of mine the other night (the cookie one, anyone remember that? Yea still haven't made cookies since that night in case you were wondering) and then started looking back at all my old posts from way back. It was so fun looking at old ones, so I decided to catch up on posts that I wasn't going to post but will now even though it will bore everyone to tears seeing our family adventures the past few months.

Going back to the Pima County Fair. I haven't been probably since high school and I love the fair so I was excited to take my kids.

Bella is the most fun since she LOVES rides. She is not afraid of any of them and would ask me about bigger ones, "Am I tall enough for that ride?" On the roller coasters she has her arms up the entire time, even at times when I would want to put mine down. It was unfortunate for Gaines though since he was not tall enough for one single ride. So lame since at Disneyland he can practically go on any ride. The only thing he could do was the Merry Go Round, which he loved and kicked and screamed when he had to get off. So we took turns with one of us taking him, and the other taking Bella.

It was such a fun night! We went with Grandma Gooch and met up with the Bushmans later. We rode so many rides, ate pizza, corn dogs, sonoran hotdogs, fried snickers, fried Oreos (not my fave), huge lemonades, diet cokes, saw all the animals, did the petting zoo which Gaines didn't want to leave and would pat all the animals, fed the animals, had a pony ride, sat on tractors, etc. Fun fun family day!


Dave got a little too much sun this day!

Her mode of transportation at the end. She was beat!

You can't see Bella, she is on the other side of Bailey (maybe Shannon could email me the awesome one she took). When she got off the ride we thought she was bleeding on her mouth (this ride is pretty rocky so we wouldn't have been surprised), but no, she just found some lipstick on her seat and gladly put it on so she could look pretty while riding! Yuck!

This kid will not let you even try to hold him or even stand in his vicinity. He tries to act so big all the time. (Side story: Even when jumping in the pool today. He tried to run from me and not jump into my arms getting mad that I wanted to catch him, how dare I, I know.)

Slowest ride there and bored Bella to death!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you udated! I've been wondering what you guys have been up to. Looks like a lot of fun at the fair! Bella is fearless!